Brush Up! Make Up Technique Tips
Following YouTube tutorials to know how to create a perfectly polished makeup look is simpler and more gratifying with specialised, high-quality brushes. (And no... the mini sponge and brush applicators that come in your compacts don't count!) But did you know, how you handle them is just as crucial?
Brushes can be foolproof tools for applying makeup, yet it is definitely possible to use brushes incorrectly. The best technique is to brush in short, light, purposeful motions that glide over the skin.
Makeup Brush Mistakes to Avoid:
- Do not use hard or stiff brushes
- Do not use a brush that is too big or too small with bristles that are too sparse, they won't hold up over time.
- Do not forget to knock the excess powder off the brush before you apply the colour to your face.
- Do not wipe or rub the brush across the face; instead, gently brush on the colour with short even strokes.
- Do not forget to use your sponge to blend out hard edges and soften your colour application.
- Do not forget to gently wash your brushes every month or so, unless you are using them on a variety of people, in which case you should be washing or disinfecting them every day.